How to Get American Netflix on Mac in Canada
The world looks depressingly apocalyptic midst a global pandemic and a panicking public confined to their homes. What better way to pass through this difficult time than to login to your beautiful Macbook and learn how to get American Netflix on Mac in Canada?
While Netflix is available in over 190 countries worldwide, the US version hosts a great majority of exclusive movies/TV shows. And, if you try accessing it, Netflix’s strong anti-proxy/VPN mechanisms will block all attempts to view the American library.
📢To access American Netflix on your Mac, get the best VPNs recommended, and follow the simple instructions below:
Best VPN to Get American Netflix on Mac in Canada [Overview]
- PureVPN: Best VPN for Netflix on Mac. Offers 2,000+ servers in 140+ countries worldwide. 7-day trial available for as low as $0.99/mo. 31-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $1.48/mo on a 5-year plan.
- Surfshark: Cheap VPN for Netflix on Mac. Gets a 4.4-star rating from the Apple Store. 7-day free trial available for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back guarantee on all plans. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan + 3 months free.
- NordVPN: Stream American Netflix on Mac Earns a 4.6-star rating from the Apple Store. 7-day free trial available for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan + 3 months free.
- ExpressVPN: 4K Netflix Streaming on Mac Gets a 4.6-star rating from the Apple Store. 7-day free trial available for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 15-months plan.
- IPVanish: Optimized Netflix Servers on Mac. Earns a 4.5-star rating from the Apple Store. No WebRTC/DNS/IP address leak issues. 30-days refund guarantee. Starts at $2.91/mo on a 1-year plan.
How to Get American Netflix on Mac in Canada (Easy Steps)
If you want access to American Netflix, you will need to spoof your location by changing your IP address so that it appears to be originating from the US. It is possible to change your IP address virtually with a VPN or a proxy service. Follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a VPN that works with Netflix (like PureVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app for Mac.
- Enter your username and password.
- Launch the PureVPN App for Mac.
- Change the VPN mode to “Stream”.
- Open the “Popular Websites” menu.
- Select “Netflix US” from the list
- Enjoy American Netflix on Mac
5 Best VPNs to Get American Netflix on MacOS in Canada [In-Depth Analysis]
A good variety of providers offer dedicated VPN apps for Mac, making it super-easy to install one and instantly obtain US Netflix in Canada. Check out these best VPNs for Netflix, which successfully bypass geographical restrictions on American Netflix:
1. PureVPN: The Best VPN for Netflix on Mac
Based in Hong Kong and founded in 2007, PureVPN is the best VPN for Netflix that offers users an easy-to-use and high-utility application for Mac users, specifically for Macbook fanatics. The VPN offers a “popular websites” mode for streaming American Netflix.
PureVPN gets a 3.6-star rating on the Mac App Store from a total of 886 reviews. For connectivity, users have access to 2,000+ servers in 140+ countries worldwide, along with advanced features like NAT Firewall, Split Tunneling, Kill Switch, and DNS Leak Protection.
For purchasing a subscription, you have three premium plans available; monthly (starting at $10.95), yearly ($4.16/mo.), and 2-years (as low as $2.91/mo). Regardless of which plan you opt for on your Mac, you will be backed by a generous 30-day refund guarantee.
- Size: 62.6 MB (3.6 Stars Rating)
- 2,000+ Servers in 140+ Countries
- Based in Hong Kong (Safe Location)
- Military-Grade AES-256 Encryption
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- No Free Trial Available
2. Surfshark: Cheapest VPN for American Netflix on Mac
Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands and launched in 2018, Surfshark is an inexpensive all-rounder for Mac users that boasts easy-to-access servers and a clean interface. This enables you to bypass geo-restrictions to unblock American Netflix in Canada.
Surfshark gets an amazing 4.4-star rating on the Mac App Store from a total of 1.8K reviews. For connectivity, users have access to 1,700+ servers in 64+ countries, which utilize obfuscation technology for staying hidden and avoiding Netflix site errors.
If you want to buy Surfshark, you have three plans available: monthly (starting at $11.95), yearly ($5.99/mo.), and 2-years (as low as $1.99/mo). The best part of all: you have access to unlimited simultaneous connections, a pure treat for binge-watchers.
- Size: 130 MB (4.4 Stars Rating)
- 1,700+ Servers in 61+ Countries
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Broader Audit Required
3. NordVPN: Stream American Netflix on Mac
Located in Panama and established in 2012, NordVPN is a highly secure VPN for streaming American Netflix on Mac and other Apple devices. Their application is easy-to-configure, user-friendly, and highly-intuitive, allowing instant access to US Netflix.
NordVPN gets a remarkable 4.6-star rating on the Mac App Store from a total of 4.6k reviews. Users even have access to 5,100+ servers in 59+ countries worldwide, which include a specialized server listing for unblocking the American version of Netflix.
For purchasing a subscription, NordVPN offers prospects three plans: monthly (starting at $11.95), bi-yearly ($9.00/mo.), and 2-years (as low as $3.71/mo.). You can even connect to 6 devices simultaneously, which is a useful feature for streamers!
- Size: 166.5 MB (4.6 Stars Rating)
- 5,100+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Needs Improvement
4. ExpressVPN: 4K Fast Netflix Streaming on Mac
Based in the British Virgin Islands and founded in 2011, ExpressVPN is one of the fastest options out there for streaming Netflix on Mac. With the best UI and UX suited for Macbooks and other Apple devices, users can binge-watch all that American Netflix offers!
ExpressVPN gets an amazing 4.6-star rating on the Mac App Store from a total of 89k reviews. For connectivity, users have access to 3,000+ servers in 94+ countries. These utilize the TrustedServer technology to eliminate storing of logs and deliver exceptionally fast speeds.
If you want to buy ExpressVPN, you have three premiums available; monthly (starts at $12.95) bi-yearly ($9.99/mo), and yearly ($8.32/mo). I recommend going for the 1-year plan to get the best value, but regardless of that, all plans are backed by a 30-day refund!
- Size: 68 MB (4.6 Stars Rating)
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Product is a Little Expensive
5. IPVanish: Optimized Netflix Servers on Mac
Headquartered in the United States and launched in 2012, IPVanish is the best choice for users looking to get the best balance between price and value. Similar to other providers in the list, IPVanish faces no trouble in unblocking American Netflix on all Mac devices.
IPVanish gets a remarkable 4.5-star rating on the Mac App Store from a total of 6.0k reviews. For connectivity, they provide users access to 1,500+ servers in 75+ countries, which allow for hassle-free unblocking of Netflix and p2p/file-sharing (SOCKS5 proxy available).
For purchasing a subscription, IPVanish offers a premium plan of three durations: monthly (starting at $10.00), 3-months ($8.99/mo), and 1-year ($6.49/mo). Although there is no free trial available, users do have a generous 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Size: 30.7 MB (4.5 Stars Rating)
- 1,500+ Servers in 75+ Countries
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- 24/7 Live Customer Support
- Up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Basic Security Features
How a VPN Unblocks American Netflix on Mac in Canada
Netflix has a different content library for every region. Some countries get a large number of Netflix titles, while others get only a fraction of it. The US library is the largest and the hottest with some movies and shows only available for our American friends across the border.
Therefore, if you are located in Canada and want to watch a movie or show that is only accessible across the border in America, you will need to connect to a server in the US. This will make it appear as if you reside in the United States, giving you a local IP address.
A VPN not only changes your IP address, but it does so through protocols that effectively pass through restrictions set by websites online. Some VPNs (like the ones listed above) are especially efficient when it comes to dealing with Netflix geo-restrictions.
Troubleshooting American Netflix Issues on Mac
When it comes to figuring out how to get American Netflix on Mac, users may encounter several errors and problems, which could prevent them from browsing/streaming on their Netflix application. Here are some fixes that work for almost all errors:
- Restart Browser: Close your browser and start it again. Sometimes, browser glitches cause Netflix to behave strangely and lead to streaming problems.
- Clear Cache/Cookies: Cache and cookie problems are always a possible cause of Netflix errors. Try clearing these and logging in to Netflix again.
- Restart Your Mac: How long has it been since you restarted or shut down your machine? If it’s been days, it’s probably begging for a fresh start.
- Change VPN server: It’s possible that the server you are using is no longer compatible with streaming. Switch to a different server and try Netflixing again.
- Contact Customer Support: If you’re unable to figure which VPN server can break through Netflix’s defenses, contact customer support of your provider.
How to Get American Netflix on Mac: FAQs
When it comes to figuring out how to get American Netflix on Mac, you may find yourself asking questions. Below I highlight the most common questions and their answers:
💭Can I get the Netflix app on my Macbook?
Netflix does not offer any applications for Mac users. If you want to access the streaming platform, all you need is a web browser. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred choices for many. Once in the browser, simply visit https://www.netflix.com!
❓How do I get American Netflix in 2020?
Although people do try using proxies and SmartDNS services, the most reliable option for getting American Netflix on Mac and other Apple devices is to invest in a VPN. Once subscribed and logged in, simply connect to a US server and visit the Netflix website.
⭐Why is Netflix not working on my Mac?
There are many reasons why Netflix may stop working on your browser for Mac. However, usually, a simple restart of the browser or clearing cache/cookies works for getting the site up and running again. If you use a VPN, make sure to enable automatic kill switch.
Wrapping Things Up
Entertainment-geeks around the world looks for ways to make accessing blocked content easier so that they can explore new movies/TV shows. If you want the same on your Macbook, follow the instructions above for getting American Netflix on Mac.