How to Get American Netflix on iPhone/iPad
Netflix offers dedicated apps for pretty much every device out there. You name it and there’s probably a Netflix app for it. iPhone and iPad obviously have the app that millions use every day to watch their favorite titles on the popular streaming channel.
Netflix is available almost everywhere in the world, but it is US Netflix that is the subject of envy of everyone outside America. This is because there are a lot of titles that are exclusive to the US. But there’s way how to get American Netflix on iPhone and iPad.
Install Netflix on iPhone/iPad/iPod
You can download the new Netflix app if you have iOS 12.0 or later versions. The app is compatible by iOS devices running iOS 5.0 or later if you already have the app downloaded.
Follow the steps below to download the app:
- Open App Store and select Search.
- Type in Netflix in the search field and select Search.f
- Choose the Netflix app in the search result.
- Tap on Get button to start downloading the app.
- Once the installation has finished, tap Netflix icon appearing on the Home screen.
- Enter Netflix login details and Press Sign in.
You will now be able to watch Netflix content that is available within your region. However, you won’t be able to access shows that are geo-restricted and only accessible from abroad.
Unblock US Netflix on iPhone/iPad/iPod
While you can watch shows available in your country directly through the Netflix app, you will be deprived of a lot of shows that are only available in the US.
You can unblock the US Netflix library by using a VPN on your iPhone as follows:
- Subscribe to a VPN (PureVPN is a recommended choice for Netflix).
- Go to App Store and download the PureVPN app on your iOS device.
- Once downloaded, launch the VPN app, and enter your login credentials.
- After logging in, connect to a US server.
- Launch the Netflix app after connecting to the US server to enjoy all American exclusive Netflix titles.
How a VPN Helps Unblock US Netflix
A VPN service changes your IP address. Since IP is how websites determine where you are physically located in the world, Netflix automatically redirects you to a content library that it has licensing rights to show in your region.
So, if you are located in Canada and want to watch a movie or show that is only accessible across the border in the US, you will need to change your IP address so as to appear that you are within the US.
The easiest and most reliable way to do this is through a VPN with a large pool of IP addresses and servers in the US. By changing your IP through a VPN, you will be able to access US Netflix within Canada on your iPhone.
Troubleshooting Netflix Problems on iOS Devices
Having troubles accessing US Netflix on your iPhone or iPad? Try the following fixes:
- Make sure your apps are updated: Your VPN app as well as your Netflix apps should always be updated. Versions of apps that are outdated develop instabilities and performance issues. So, make sure are running the latest versions of all relevant apps.
- Toggle VPN on and off: Exit your Netflix app, disconnect your VPN, turn it on again and then launch Netflix again. Sometimes, a simple on-and-off switch is all that’s needed to get things working properly on your iPhone again.
- Change server: It’s possible that the server you’ve been connecting to is offline. Try changing to a nearby server and use Netflix again. This often fixes the issue.
- Clear app data: Clear the app data on both Netflix and VPN and then try using Netflix with the VPN turned on again. This simple trick mysteriously works for iOS devices in many cases.
- Reinstall Netflix and VPN: If nothing else works, you might have to reinstall your VPN as well as the Netflix app. A fresh installation can often solve the issue on iPhone or iPad.
US Netflix contains some of the best titles. While the Netflix app on iPhone/iPad/iOS will set you up for watching a lot of shows, you can go beyond and watch a whole a lot more on US Netflix by using VPN in Canada.