How to Get American Netflix on iPhone (Dec. 2021)
Netflix offers native apps for pretty much every device out there. iPhone and iPad users obviously have the application and use it to watch their favourite titles. However, if you are wondering how to get American Netflix on iPhone in Canada, you will need a VPN.
While Netflix is available almost everywhere in the world, the US version is the subject of envy most often. Typically, there are a lot of movies & TV shows exclusively available on US Netflix, but not elsewhere, due to licensing issues from production houses.
Best VPN for American Netflix on iPhone in Canada [Overview]
- ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Netflix on iPhone. Gets a 4.6-star rating from the Apple Store. 7-day free trial available. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo for 12-Months + 3 Months Free.
- NordVPN: Stream American Netflix on iPhone. Earns a 4.6-star rating from the App Store. 7-day free trial available for iOS. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $3.29/mo on a 2-year plan with 72% off
- Surfshark: Budget VPN for Netflix on iPhone. Gets a 4.4-star rating from the App Store. 7-day free trial available for iOS. 30-days money-back guarantee on all plans. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan.
- CyberGhost: 4K Netflix Streaming on iPhone. Offers 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries worldwide. 24-hour trial available for testing the product. 45-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $2.25/mo on a 3-year plan.
- IPVanish: Balance of Price and Value for Netflix. Earns a 4.5-star rating from the App Store. No WebRTC/DNS/IP address leak issues. 30-days refund guarantee available. Starts at $2.62/mo on a 1-year plan.
How to Get American Netflix on iPhone in Canada
While you can watch shows available in your country directly through the Netflix app, you will be deprived of a lot of shows that are only available in the US. You can unblock the American Netflix library by using a VPN on your iPhone as follows:
- Subscribe to a VPN (ExpressVPN is the recommended choice for Netflix).
- Visit the Apple Store and download the ExpressVPN app on your iOS.
- Launch the VPN app and enter your login credentials.
- Connect to a server in the US and wait for a few seconds.
- Open the Netflix application and enjoy the US library!
5 Best VPNs to Get American Netflix on iPhone [In-Depth Anaylsis]
If you want to get American Netflix on iPhone/iPad/iPod, check out these best VPNs for Netflix, which successfully bypass geographical restrictions and content limitations on the streaming platform, minus any hassles or Netflix errors.
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Netflix on iPhone in Canada
Based in the British Virgin Islands and founded in 2011, ExpressVPN is one of the fastest options out there for streaming Netflix on iOS devices including Apple TVs. With the best UI and UX suited for iOS, users can binge-watch all that the American version of Netflix has to offer!
From a total of 89k reviews, ExpressVPN gets an amazing 4.6-star rating from App Store. Users have access to 3,000+ servers in 94+ countries, which utilize TrustedServer technology to eliminate storing of logs and deliver fast speeds.
In terms of pricing, ExpressVPN’s plans are divided into three durations; monthly (starts at $12.95) bi-yearly ($9.99/mo), and yearly ($8.32/mo). I recommend going for the 1-year plan to get the best value, but regardless of that, all plans are backed by a 30-day refund!
ExpressVPN streams “Mighty Little Bheem”, added to American Netflix on 25th September via the “USA – New Jersey – 1” server.
- Size: 68 MB (4.6 Stars Ratings)
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Product is a Little Expensive
How to Setup ExpressVPN on iPhone (Video Tutorial)
Need more information? Check out this 2021 ExpressVPN review!
2. NordVPN: Stream American Netflix on Your iPhone
Located in Panama and established in 2012, NordVPN is a highly secure VPN for streaming American Netflix on iPhone/iPad. Their application is incredibly user-friendly, intuitive, and easy-to-configure, allowing instant access to US Netflix.
From a total of 4.6k reviews, NordVPN gets a remarkable 4.6-star rating from App Store. For connectivity, users have access to 5,400+ servers in 59+ countries worldwide, which include a specialized server listing for unblocking the American version of Netflix.
In terms of pricing, NordVPN provides plans divided into three durations: monthly (starting at $11.95), bi-yearly ($9.00/mo.), and 2-years (as low as $4.13/mo.). You can even connect to 6 devices simultaneously, which is a useful feature for streamers!
NordVPN even supports a number of different platforms/devices, which include gaming consoles like Xbox One, PlayStation, and Smart TVs like the Apple TV and Fire TV devices, along with laptops such as MacBooks.
By connecting to the #3325 server, NordVPN unblocks the US exclusive movie, “Rhino Season” on iPhone, added to the Netflix library on 25th September!
- Size: 166.5 MB (4.6 Stars Rating)
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Needs Improvement
How to Setup NordVPN on iPhone (Video Tutorial)
Need more information? Check out this 2021 NordVPN review!
3. Surfshark: Budget VPN for Netflix on iPhone in Canada
Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands and launched in 2018, Surfshark is an inexpensive all-rounder for Apple brand users.
With a clean interface and easy-to-access servers, you will face no trouble in bypassing geo-restrictions to unblock American Netflix in Canada.
From a total of 1.8K reviews, Surfshark gets an amazing 4.4-star rating on the Apple Store. In terms of connectivity, users have access to 1,700+ servers in 64+ countries, which utilize obfuscation technology for staying hidden and avoiding the Netflix error m7111-5059.
In terms of pricing, Surfshark provides plans of three durations: monthly (starting at $11.95), yearly ($5.99/mo.), and 2-years (as low as $2.49/mo). The best part of all: you have access to unlimited simultaneous connections, a pure treat for binge-watchers.
Using the “United States – Los Angeles” server, Surfshark unblocks “The Great British Baking Show” on iPhone, added to the Netflix library on 25th September.
- Size: 130 MB (4.4 Stars Rating)
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Broader Audit Required
How to Setup Surfshark on iPhone (Video Tutorial)
Need more information? Check out this 2021 Surfshark review!
4. CyberGhost: 4K Fast Netflix Streaming on iPhone
Based in Romania and founded in 2011, CyberGhost is the best VPN for Netflix that offers users a high-utility and easy-to-use application for iOS users, whether that be for your iPhone/iPad. You can use it for connecting to a US server and unblock American Netflix.
From a total of 30k reviews, CyberGhost gets a 4.2-star rating from App Store. In terms of connectivity, users have access to 7,400+ servers in 90+ countries worldwide, along with advanced features like Dedicated IPs, Split Tunneling, and NAT Firewall.
If you want to buy CyberGhost, you have three premium plans available; monthly (starting at $12.99), yearly ($3.99/mo.), and 2-years (as low as $3.49/mo). Regardless of which plan you opt for on your iPhone, you will be backed by a generous 45-day refund guarantee.
CyberGhost unblocks the US exclusive TV show “A Perfect Crime” (added to the Netflix library on 25th Sep) through iPhone via their “Popular websites” menu.
- Size: 59.2 MB (4.2Stars Rating)
- 7,400+ Servers in 140+ Countries
- Based in Romania (Safe Location)
- Military-Grade AES-256 Encryption
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- 7 Simultaneous Connections
- 24-Hour Trial Only!
How to Setup CyberGhost on iPhone (Video Tutorial)
5. IPVanish: Balance of Price & Value for iPhone
Headquartered in United States and launched in 2012, IPVanish is the best choice for users looking to get the best balance between price and value. Similar to other providers in the list, IPVanish faces no trouble in unblocking American Netflix on all iOS devices.
From a total of 6.0k reviews, IPVanish gets a remarkable 4.5-star rating on App Store. For connectivity, they even offer 1,600+ servers in 75+ countries, which allow users to engage in hassle-free p2p/file-sharing or unblocking streaming services like Netflix.
As far as pricing is concerned, IPVanish offers a premium plan of three durations: monthly (starting at $10.00), 3-months ($8.99/mo), and 1-year ($6.49/mo). Although there is no free trial available, users do have a generous 30-day money-back guarantee.
By connecting to the “United States – Seattle” server, IPVanish was able to unblock “Sneakerheads” on iPhone, minus any hassles, and in 4k quality!
- Size: 30.7 MB (4.5 Stars Ratings)
- 1,600+ Servers in 75+ Countries
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- 24/7 Live Customer Support
- Up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Basic Security Features
How to Setup IPVanish on iPhone (Video Tutorial)
Need more information? Check out this 2021 IPVanish review!
How a VPN Unblocks American Netflix on iPhone
A VPN service replaces your existing IP address with a new one from their servers. Since IP addresses are how websites determine where you are physically located, Netflix automatically redirects you to a content library relevant to your Netflix region.
Therefore, if you are located in Canada and want to watch a movie or show that is only accessible across the border in the US, you will need to connect to a server in the US. This will make it appear as if you reside in the US, giving you a local IP address.
How to Install Netflix on iPhone/iPad/iPod
You can download the new Netflix app if you have iOS 12.0 or later versions. The app is compatible by iOS devices running iOS 5.0 or later if you already have the app downloaded. Follow the steps below to download the app:
- Open App Store and select Search.
- Type in Netflix in the search field and select Search
- Choose the Netflix app in the search result.
- Tap on the “Get” button to start downloading the app.
- Open the Netflix icon appearing on the Home screen.
- Enter Netflix login details and Press Sign in.
Troubleshooting American Netflix Issues on iOS
When it comes to figuring out how to get American Netflix on the iPhone, users may encounter several errors and problems, which could prevent them from browsing/streaming on their Netflix application. Here are some fixes that work for almost all errors:
- Update All Applications: Your VPN app as well as your Netflix apps should always be updated. Versions of apps that are outdated develop instabilities and performance issues. So, make sure are running the latest versions of all relevant apps.
- Toggle VPN On and Off: Exit your Netflix app, disconnect your VPN, turn it on again and then launch Netflix again. Sometimes, a simple on-and-off switch is all that’s needed to get things working properly on your iPhone again.
- Change Server Location: It’s possible that the server you’ve been connecting to is offline. Try changing to a nearby server and use Netflix again.
- Clear Application Data: Clear the app data on both Netflix and VPN and then try using Netflix with the VPN turned on again. This simple trick mysteriously works.
- Reinstall Netflix and VPN: If nothing else works, you might have to reinstall your VPN as well as the Netflix app. A fresh installation can often solve the issue on iPhone.
How to Get American Netflix on iPhone: FAQs
When it comes to figuring out how to get American Netflix on iPhone, you may find yourself asking questions. Below I highlight the most common questions and their answers:
💭How do you change to American Netflix on iPhone?
If you reside outside the US, you will need a VPN service for unblocking American Netflix. Typically, once you have subscribed to a reliable VPN, simply connect to a server in the US, and visit the Netflix application on your iPhone.
❓How can I get American Netflix on my phone?
Although people do try using proxies and SmartDNS services, the most reliable option for getting American Netflix on iPhone and other iOS devices is to invest in a VPN. Once subscribed and logged in, simply connect to a US server and access the Netflix app.
⭐How do you change Canadian Netflix to American on iPhone?
Netflix CA hosts the third largest library of titles in the world, but still falls short to American Netflix by 3%. This leaves a lot for users to explore and the best way to do so is to get a VPN service, in addition to the existing Netflix costs.
Wrapping Things Up
The US version of Netflix contains some of the best titles. While the Netflix app on iPhone/iPad/iOS will set you up for watching a lot of shows, you can go beyond and watch a whole lot more on American Netflix by using a VPN in Canada.