How to Get American Netflix on Firestick in Canada (Apr. 2021)
The Firestick is a plug-and-play device that converts any normal TV into an Android-based Smart TV, which comes equipped with entertainment apps like Netflix. However, if you are wondering how to get American Netflix on Firestick in Canada, you will need a VPN.
While Netflix does have a huge library of movies/TV shows, the content available varies by country. Typically, the US version has a remarkable list of exclusives, which cannot be viewed by other libraries. And if you try accessing it, you will be blocked instantly.
📢Get a reliable VPN service from the list below and follow these instructions for accessing American Netflix on Firestick.
Best VPN for American Netflix on Firestick [Overview]
- ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Netflix on Firestick. Optimized Fire TV application is available on Amazon App Store. 7-day free trial for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo for 12-Months + 3 Months Free.
- NordVPN: Stream American Netflix on Firestick. Native apps are available on Amazon App Store and Google Play. 7-day free trial for Android and iOS devices. 30-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $3.49/mo on a 2-year plan.
- Surfshark: Cheap VPN for Netflix on Firestick. Dedicated application is available for Firestick and Fire TV devices. 7-day free trial for iOS and Android. 30-days money-back guarantee on all plans. Starts at $2.49/mo on a 2-year plan.
- PureVPN: 4K Streaming for Netflix on Firestick. Native application is available on Google Play and Amazon App Store. 7-day trial available for as low as $0.99/mo. 31-days money-back guarantee. Starts at $2.91/mo on a 2-year plan.
- IPVanish: Balance of Price and Value for Firestick. Easy-to-install Fire TV app is available on Google Play. No WebRTC/DNS/IP address leak issues. 30-days refund guarantee on all plans. Starts at $6.49/mo on a 1-year plan.
How to Get American Netflix on Firestick in Canada
If you want to unblock American Netflix on Firestick, you will need to spoof your location. This requires you to change your IP address. VPNs are handy servers to change your IP address virtually. Follow the instructions below:
- Launch your Amazon Fire Stick device
- Click on “Settings” from the home screen.
- Open the “Device” option from the list.
- Scroll down to “Developer Options”.
- Enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”.
- Select the “Turn On” option when prompted.
- Type “ExpressVPN” in the Firestick search bar.
- Click on the ExpressVPN application icon.
- Hit the “Get” button and launch ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a server located in the United States
- Enjoy American Netflix in Canada on Firestick!
Best VPNs to Get American Netflix on Firestick in Canada
The 4k digital media player is a top solution for unlocking new streaming possibilities. Check out these best VPNs to bypass geographical and content limitations on the US version of Netflix and enjoy the latest movies and TV shows!
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN for Netflix on Firestick
Founded in 2011 and based in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN in the marketplace that offers exceptional functionality and compatibility to Firestick users. The UI and UX blend perfectly with the larger screen of Fire TV devices.
You can download the app by simply searching for “ExpressVPN” in the navigation bar. Once installed, you have the ability to connect to 3,000+ servers in 94+ countries, which utilize obfuscation and TrustedServer technology for unblocking US Netflix.
For purchasing an ExpressVPN subscription, you have three premium plans available: monthly (starts at $12.95) bi-yearly ($9.99/mo), and yearly ($8.32/mo). I recommend going for the 1-year plan to get the best value from the provider.
ExpressVPN streams “The Chef Show” on Firestick, added to American Netflix on 24th September via the “USA – New Jersey – 1” server.
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Product is a Little Expensive
How to Setup ExpressVPN on Firestick (Video Tutorial)
Need more information? Check out this 2021 ExpressVPN review!
2. NordVPN: Stream American Netflix on Firestick
Established in 2012 and located in Panama, NordVPN is one of the most secure options for binge-watchers of American Netflix on Firestick. Their application is highly intuitive, easy-to-configure, and incredibly user-friendly, adjusting to larger screens perfectly.
Similar to other VPNs in the list, you can download NordVPN directly from the Amazon App Store by simply searching for it in the navigation bar. Once installed, you can connect to 5,400+ servers in 59+ countries, which include specialized servers for US Netflix.
If you want to buy NordVPN, you have three plans available: monthly (starting at $11.95), bi-yearly ($9.00/mo.), and 2-years (as low as $3.71/mo.). Users can even connect to 6 devices simultaneously on a single subscription.
By connecting to the #3325 server, NordVPN was able to unblock the US exclusive movie, “Zulu Man in Japan” at great speeds and in 4k quality!
- 5,100+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Needs Improvement
How to Setup NordVPN on Firestick (Video Tutorial)
Need more information? Check out this 2021 NordVPN review!
3. Surfshark: Budget VPN for Netflix on Firestick
Launched in 2018 and headquartered in the British Virgin Islands, Surfshark is a newcomer and all-rounder service, which competes with the likes of ExpressVPN and NordVPN. For Firestick users, you have an easy-to-use and configure app with a clean interface.
You can download it by typing in “Surfshark” in the search bar of your Amazon Firestick device. Once installed, you can connect to 1,700+ servers in 64+ countries for getting access to over 16+ libraries including the American version, without any Netflix site errors.
For purchasing a Surfshark subscription, the VPN makes available three plans: monthly (starting at $11.95), yearly ($5.99/mo.), and 2-years (as low as $1.99/mo). The best part of all: you have access to unlimited simultaneous connections.
Surfshark unblocks the fantasy horror drama television series “Van Helsing” on Firestick via their “United States – New York” server, minus any errors!
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Broader Audit Required
How to Setup Surfshark on Firestick (Video Tutorial)
Need more information? Check out this 2021 Surfshark review!
4. PureVPN: 4K Netflix Streaming on Firestick
Founded in 2007 and based in Hong Kong, PureVPN ranks among the best VPN for Netflix. It offers an easy-to-use, intuitive, and reliable application for Firestick users, which can be downloaded either from the Google Play or Amazon App Store.
The VPN itself is endorsed by Forbes and even has an audited no logs policy by AltiusIT. In terms of connectivity, users can connect to over 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries. You even get advanced features like DNS Leak Protection, Kill Switch, and Dedicated IPs.
If you want to buy PureVPN, there are three plans with varying durations; monthly (starting at $10.95), yearly ($4.16/mo.), and 2-years (as low as $2.91/mo). It does not matter which plan you opt for on your Firestick, you will be backed by a 30-day refund.
By selecting “Netflix US” in the popular website’s menu, PureVPN unblocks the US exclusive tv show “The Good Place” on Firestick.
- 6,500+ Servers in 140+ Countries
- Based in Hong Kong (Safe Location)
- Military-Grade AES-256 Encryption
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- No Free Trial Available
How to Setup PureVPN on Firestick (Video Tutorial)
Need more information? Check out this 2021 PureVPN review!
5. IPVanish: Balance of Price & Value for Firestick
Launched in 2012 and headquartered in United States, IPVanish may not be the preferred choice for privacy-conscious users, but still ranks at the top for most streamers. It offers Firestick users the best balance between price and value, while unblocking US Netflix.
For connectivity, users have access to 1,600+ servers in 75+ countries worldwide. This enables users to indulge in hassle-free p2p/file sharing and unblocking of American Netflix and other libraries for different streaming services like BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and more.
If you want to buy IPVanish, users have plans of three durations: monthly (starting at $5.00/mo), 3-months ($4.50/mo), and 1-year ($3.25/mo). Although there is no free trial available, users do have a generous 30-day money-back guarantee.
By connecting to the “United States – Denver” server, IPVanish was able to unblock “Mighty Express” on Firestick, while delivering amazing speeds!
- 1,600+ Servers in 75+ Countries
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- 24/7 Live Customer Support
- Up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Basic Security Features
How to Setup IPVanish on Firestick (Video Tutorial)
Need more information? Check out this 2021 IPVanish review!
How a VPN Unblocks American Netflix on Firestick
Producers/distribution houses partnered with Netflix sign licensing agreements that prevent the streaming platform from displaying a certain title in other Netflix regions. For this reason, Netflix has a different content library, depending on where you are located.
Where some countries get a large number of Netflix titles, others may only get a fraction of it. For instance, Netflix Indonesia only hosts 36% of titles, when compared to the American version of Netflix. This discrimination is why people invest in a VPN service.
Typically, a VPN changes your IP address and adds encryption to your connection, keeping you safe and anonymous online. Therefore, if you are located in Canada or elsewhere, simply connect to a server in the US. This will make it appear as if you reside in the country.
How to Get American Netflix on Firestick: FAQs
When it comes to figuring out how to get American Netflix on Firestick, you may find yourself asking questions. Below I highlight the most common questions and their answers:
💭Can I get American Netflix on my Fire Stick?
Yes, you can get American Netflix on Firestick by getting a VPN service. Once downloaded and installed, launch the VPN application and connect it to a server in the US. This will make it appear as if you reside in the country, allowing you to unblock the American library.
❓How do I change my Netflix country on Firestick?
The process of changing your Netflix country on Firestick does not require any rocket science. Simply connect to different servers in order to access varied libraries of Netflix. For instance, you can access Netflix US, UK, JP, AU by connecting to servers in the same locations.
⭐How do I switch to American Netflix?
The trick to switching to American Netflix is to get Netflix to think you reside in America. This can be done using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Simply launch the application and connect to a server in the US. This will unblock the American library, without any hassles!
💳How do I get US Netflix in UK?
Netflix UK hosts the fourth largest library of titles in the world but still falls short to American Netflix by 9%. This leaves a lot for users to explore and the best way to do so is to get a VPN service and connect to a server in the US to change the Netflix library.
Wrapping Things Up
As streaming platforms like Netflix continue imposing geo-restrictions and VPN bans, the popularity of VPNs particularly for devices like Firestick will only continue to grow. Follow the instructions above for getting American Netflix on Firestick!